Features Of Power Toothbrushes
Superior Plaque & Stain Removal
An electronic toothbrush can move thousands of times per minute, versus a few hundred for a manual brush. Consequently, rechargeable electric toothbrushes, or “power” toothbrushes, provide superior plaque removal and reduce gingivitis more effectively than manual toothbrushes. This is primarily a result of the oscillating-rotating action or dynamic fluid activity unique to electronic toothbrushes. Additionally, this action can help get rid of everyday stains such as coffee, tea, red wine, and tobacco, thereby naturally whitening teeth.
Ease of use
People find using power toothbrushes easier than using regular manual ones. Power brushes simply need to be guided along the surfaces of your teeth. Likewise, people with arthritis or other similar conditions may find using a power toothbrush more comfortable. Power toothbrushes may also help kids brush their teeth more effectively.
✷Be sure to check the age recommendations on an electric toothbrush before letting your child use it.✷
Technology & Features
Generally rich in technology and features, some power toothbrushes can even enable you to improve your brushing habits. These features may include:
- Numerous brushing modes specialized for sensitive teeth, whitening benefits or gum massaging action
- Pressure sensors to signal when brushing too hard
- Timers to help you keep track of how long you’re brushing each quadrant of your mouth
- Digital reminders to replace your brush head
- Oscillating-pulsating and cupping, oscillating-rotating or sonic technology
- Multiple brush head compatibility so you can choose which kind of bristle design you prefer battery operated toothbrushes
In contrast, rechargeable electric toothbrushes simply require guidance along the teeth’s surfaces.